home about link love contact
Photobucket

Monday, January 31

Menu Monday {1st edition}

Ok I'm going to preface this post with a big MAYBE ... 

As in, this MAY  BE something that I can stick with ...

 I'm hoping that if I post it to my blog y'all will keep me honest. But this seems like  A LOT of planning ... And I'm so not good at sticking to a plan! 

But here goes ... 

Y'all remember the little budget cookbook I picked up yesterday? Well I'm going to try to use it and/or the $5 Dinner website {one of my girlfriends turned me onto it} AT LEAST once a week! 

This means I'll be trying new things AND be sticking to our food budget ... FOR ONCE! The hubs will be so happy! 

And hey, maybe if I'm sticking to the budget I can get that Cynthia Rowley handbag I am SO SO coveting?! Good behavior deserves rewarding, right? Right! :) 

Ok enough about bags ... Onto to FOOD

Menu for Jan 31- Feb 4: {but first, can y'all BELIEVE that it's ALREADY Feb?! geeeeees}

Monday: Veggie Soup & Grilled Cheeses {in hopes to heal the SICK hubs}

Tuesday: BBQ Chicken pizzas {using leftovers from Sat's Wii Party}

Wednesday: Slow-Cooker Creole Chicken {I'm going to use chicken breasts because I already have them}



Thursday: Tortellini with a Bolognese sauce {I'll be sure to post the recipe on Wed so if you want to join you sure can!}

Friday: Burritos & Spanish rice {hoping to use the leftovers from Creole Chicken to create them!}

Oh my gosh y'all! If I can pull this off, we may just have a new series on our hands! {cue HEAVY PRESSURE & deep breaths}


Ok ... gotta go check on hubs ... And by check, I mean serve him his soup & grilled cheese with a side of Nyquil ... Poor thing! 

XO! 




5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Hi Lauren! Well, I like you already because you share the same name as my daughter! :-) I just saw that you came over to visit and follow the newest blog that my sis and I are starting and wanted to say thank you so much! We both have other existing blogs but are so excited to be on this new adventure together. I am lovin' your blog and can't wait to go through some of your posts. Hope to see lots of you here in blogland and be sure to come back on Friday for our linky party "Inspiration Friday"! Thanks again!
Vanessa

Laurie said...

Thanks for your visit to my blog! You have such a cute blog! I'm your newest follower

Kendra said...

Thanks for the link to $5 dinners! We have a grocery budget too, and it is really hard to stick to a reasonable price. Good luck, you can do it :)

Amanda said...

I've come over from Debbiedoos to see your fab blog, you have some really cute ideas!

Thanks for sharing

natasha {schue love} said...

This is a great idea and SO worth it for the Cynthia Rowley bag (look who you're talking to...bad influence!!!). Hope your hubby feels better soon! :)