home about link love contact
Photobucket

Friday, January 28

The Bold and The Beautiful {a blog critique}



I have to admit when I first came across this linky party, I was NERVOUS to participate. 

What if people don't like me? What if what I post is silly? Does anyone REALLY want to read what I post? Are my pictures good enough? 

{geeeeeeeees.louise.} SO much anxiety. Especially for a generally relaxed person. :) 

But you see, my bloggie friends, what you think matters to me. And I decided that I NEED to hear it. I so much enjoy blogging, but I want for all of YOU to enjoy what I have to say ... Isn't that what it's all about?!

So bring it on ... I'm a big girl. {whew} I can take it. {deep breath} 

Ok but really ... MeganDVD says it much better than I do: 


"I am so excited to be part of a very unique blog hop. Gail @My Repurposed Life and MeganDVD @ Beauty in the Attempt are hosting “The Bold and the Beautiful-your blog reviewed”.

Please take a look around my blog, check out the layout, pages, buttons, sidebar and gadgets. I would love for you to gently critique my blog. I’m hoping you will leave me some positive feedback about my blog. It would be great if you could give me constructive criticism but be sure to tell me what you like about my blog too! Do you like my pictures? Does my blog load quickly for you? How about the font? All tips and tidbits welcome!" 


I linked up ... Do you want to? 

If so, go here or here




10 comments:

ARK said...

I was super nervous too :) You have nothing to worry about though! Love the font for the comments...love the way you write like you think...loving the tiny text and the larger text.

One problem I see is that your older posts (Oldies but goodies), the text is spread out vertically so that there are only 2-3 letters on each line? Not sure why?

love the orange...love the birdies...love the martha and betty reference, love your sidebar explanation...VERY cute blog :)

Sanditerese said...

I love the layout of your blog and I especially love all the pictures. The only thing I noticed was that the right side bar seems to be a little too narrow. It's kind of hard to read.

Anonymous said...

The Texas girl in my loved you first for your Growing Up Southern quote on the left sidebar.... I love the easy on the eye beiges with the quirky orange being just enough to express your personality. I too, like the Betty and Martha reference, and the humor of your posts. Your content makes me smile! If I had to pick one thing, it would be the width of your right sidebar, it is more narrow than some of your longer words, and cuts them off - it just seems kind of awkward in an otherwise peaceful and homey place.

Oh, and your blog name just tickles me to death. ;) Love it!

Shannon said...

HI!
I'm visiting from the blog hop too. I think we were all nervous :)
I agree with the above comments. It makes it hard to read the titles. I dealt with that once myself. I'm trying to remember how to fix it....

Reginia @NotSoModern said...

No need to be nervous -- we are all friends(or soon to be friends)here!

I love love love your blog name! Too freaking adorable!
Your posts are entertaining to read and your photos help the story in so many good ways.
I love it!
Can't to read more :)

Megandvd@Beauty in the Attempt said...

Your blog title is absolutely adorable. I LOVE the title....LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I think the way you have everything layout is simple and chic...and so easy on the eyes. Really I believe whatever avenus you take with your blog will be rooted in the direction you are going. One gentle suggestion would be to add some links in the navi bar to "fav projects/rooms" and "popular posts." I find myself completely intrigued about your little world and having those links would allow me to come back and filter through when time is always of the essence.

Once again these are just gentle thoughts. I know that taking a risk and putting yourself out there is very scary, but you should feel so proud and empowered. I hope that you are not a no-reply when dealing with comments. I always love being able to respond to my bloggers. Also...if you need anything, Gail and I would love to help. Just let us know what we can do. :)

Have a great finish to the weekend, and I hope this is the beginning of seeing more of you in little blog world. :)

Cheers~
e

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

I am so glad you joined in our little party! I hope that you have gotten some feedback that you can appreciate.
I love the name of your blog, the colors and the backdrop! Nice pictures!
I recommend that you have your links open in a new window. It's best to keep your visitors on your page, not trying to get "back" to your page after they have clicked a link. I can tell you how in an email if you're interested.
I hope that you have your email attached to your profile so that you are not a "no-reply" blogger. I subscribe to my comments and when a no-reply blogger leaves a comment, I am unable to respond to them via email.
Overall, great blog! love the name and the colors the most! Great content too!
gail

Anonymous said...

nothing to worry about.. nice blog!
i'm a southern gal too.. and love the quote! only critique would be the size of the right sidebar.. a bit narrow. but overall, great job!
many blessings,
-Tracie

Unknown said...

Your blog is lovely! Great name and I love the little birds. I agree with the past comments about your sidebar being a little narrow, but other than that... don't change a thing!

Kim Franklin said...

I really really love your title and caption... very creative! The only thing I would like to see is a photo image of you on the side bar with the blurb about you.... it would seem so much more personable.

-Much love, Kim and Mr. Gnome