home about link love contact
Photobucket

Thursday, January 27

Motivation

I don't know about y'all but I've seen so many SUPER motivational posts out on blogland recently! 

Which is so great for me because I had decided that 2011 was going to be MY year to make a difference ... no, I'm not talking of trying to achieve world peace all by my lonesome (though that would be incredible). 

But I am talking about paying it forward ... trying to make a difference in someone's life in my LEEEEEETLE corner of the world. 

Little stuff ... 

~ holding a door open when it's not 'convenient' 
~ thanking a veteran for their service 
~ letting someone out in traffic even if I'm in a 'huge rush' 
~ making sure to call my great-grandfather every week AT LEAST once
 ~ sending cards to long-lost friends just to 'say hi' 
... 
you guys get it ... the list could go on & on ... 
it could be a kind hello to a stranger 
or 
catching up with an old friend who's going through a hard time. 

So I've been thinking about this  A LOT recently ... And then yesterday, I found Ashley's blog The Shine Project. It's awesome ... she's awesome ... she's motivating us all to be more AWESOME. 



Head over there and show Ashley some love ... And if you're up for it, jump on board The Shine Project! 

So what about you? Trying to make a difference in your little corner? What are your goals for 2011? 

Happy Thursday Y'all! Thanks for stopping by! 







***If you like what you see, follow me! I promise to keep the good stuff comin'!***

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I love this!!! Thanks girrrrrl for spreading the word. Seriously, :)

Megan said...

I love Ashley's blog and her drive to make the world a better place!!

karly from [kar[+]wade] said...

i was on someone's blog, and they were featuring ashley, and then on the left, i saw your blog and here i am! another ashley post! i love it! love her! love fun blogs! im excited to follow your blog and start catching up on your posts!
-karly
www.karpluswade.blogspot.com

Christina said...

i am loving this idea of hers - going to check out her site now!

ali v. said...

so happy to have found your blog too :) can't wait to read more from you! I love your concept! xoxo {av}