home about link love contact
Photobucket

Tuesday, February 1

inspiration books {& a recipe}

What a random post! Somehow in my mind they go together though! :) 

We took it pretty easy this weekend ... Spent most of it at home, which was SO nice! 

It also meant I FINALLY got around to getting rid of some of my magazines! 

Now I don't know about y'all but I get A LOT of mags and I just hate to get rid of them without first going through and pulling out the pages that inspire me! I am typically the OPPOSITE of a hoarder, in fact, I usually get rid of things and then later realize I still ACTUALLY needed them! {oops!}

But since we recently moved and I started my new business venture, I just hadn't found the time to go through my mags as often as I usually do! So this was my Saturday task! 

I sat here 



And turned this into 



THIS! 



Does anyone else do this? 

I use 3-ring binders that I have divided into sections for different things - organization, recipes, holidays, etc! It works so well and I find myself pulling them out when I want a new idea for crafting, cooking, decorating! 

Now for the recipe! {sorry I don't have pics!}

Veggie Soup

~1 lb. ground beef 
~ 1 15oz can of Veg-All mixed veggies
~ 1 15oz can crushed tomatos
~ 1/2 tsp. chili powder
~ 1/2 Tbs. sage
~ 1/2 Tbs. black pepper
~ 1 Tbs. onion powder
~ salt to taste

Cook the ground beef and then add all other ingredients together and simmer for at least 30 minutes. Then ENJOY! 

So easy & SOOOOOO good! Oh and it definitely sticks with that grocery budget of mine! :) 

**I use onion powder instead of an onion because the hubs doesn't like onion {but doesn't mind onion powder. weird, I know!} I would actually prefer to cook the onion then add the ground beef, but we have to compromise, right?! This soup is REALLY good with ground turkey too, but my doc says I need to start eating red meat again ... So beef it is! 

Hope y'all enjoy it as much as we did! 




5 comments:

Kendra said...

I do the same thing! It keeps it all in one place and I can flip to what I am looking for. Plus it really condenses all of the mess.

Anonymous said...

OMG!! i DO that!!! in fact, i just updated mine, and purged some more magazines, to make room for new ones!!! only thing i do differently is, i use the dividers to separate design ideas.. such as living/dining/entry/bedrooms.. you get the picture! and i use separate binders, for different hobbies.. design/knitting/jewelry design etc. as soon as i saw your pic, i knew i was meant to know you! :) -Tracie

ali v. said...

I do too!!! I have different ones for different things...ie recipes, fashion, dream home inspiration, etc. LOVE IT. It's like creating your very own magazine! hope you have a great night, my dear! xoxo {av}

Whim Wham Life said...

I do this too! Learned it from my mama! Happy Tuesday to you. xoxo

Megan said...

That is a lot of magazines! This is such a neat idea...I have never even thought about it!