home about link love contact
Photobucket

Monday, May 2

justice has been done.

We interrupt our regularly scheduled Menu Monday for my pride-filled post ... 

Today {and everyday} I am honored to be an American. 

After nearly 10 years, Osama bin Laden has been located and killed. 

Every day I am thankful for our troops ... I have had many friends who served and continue to serve in the military ... Most who enlisted after 9/11 .... Friends who signed up to defend our country against those who declared war on innocent Americans. 

I was teary-eyed watching the President's speech ... 

And even more so as I looked at the people celebrating in NYC and DC ... 


These are people who lost loved ones, coworkers, friends ... 


And now they can feel like those people did not die in vain. 


So today, even more than most days, my heart is FULL of pride to be a part of the united front that is the United States of America. 

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so relieved by this news! I hope it's the start of good things to come ... a end of the war and a better economy! I was tempted to take off of work and head into NYC. It makes me happy to see everyone celebrating. I know so many people who lost loved ones on 9/11. Great post! XOXO

natasha {schue love} said...

What an emotional post...it certainly is some of the best news our country could receive right now. Definitely thankful and grateful today.

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

SUCH fantastic news!! YAH! loved this post :) xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

A Bride In Boots said...

If this post had a like button, I would hit "LOVE." The hubs and I stayed up late last night just to watch the president give his speech. Celebrating this incredible moment for our country!

jessica // union shore said...

i didn't believe it when i heard it!! it was so unexpected... but truly fantastic news!! what a great day for this country!

Bud and Leo said...

We're very thankful to be an American. Today and always! :)

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

The Navy Seals made me proud!! whoohoooo! =) Such great news! we tried to find a newspaper here by the military base but only found propaganda papers that were not a national news paper.. boo! haha. My marine hubs didnt want a marine paper? lolol

Such great news eh!?

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Katie said...

Dude I miss your blog posts!!!! Come back to us! haha :)