home about link love contact
Photobucket

Saturday, April 30

must try: 2 for 1. {recipe}

So the other night B and I went to dinner with some of our absolute favorite friends. The four of us always have the BEST time together. And while I was super excited about our double date, when my food came I was beside myself
{yes, I get that excited about food}

I was really craving pizza but have REALLY REALLY been trying to eat more healthy {we are entering bathing suit season after all} and the restaurant had the PERFECT compromise ... a "2 for 1" ... 

Legit a SALAD on top of  PIZZA. What?!?! 
I'm not sure who the genius behind this creation is but I'd like to give him/her a BIG {and awkwardly long} squeeze. 

Now of course this hungry girl did not snap a pic before annihilating my oh-so-heavenly grub. 

So I did the next best thing ... Googled recipes! 

Here's one I found that I must try: 
Grilled Salad Pizza

Ingredients
  • package dry yeast 
  • 2/3 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
  • 3 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
  • 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
  • Cooking spray
  • 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
  • 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
  • 2 1/2 cups coarsely chopped trimmed arugula 
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped seeded tomato
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
  • 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
  • (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped

Preparation
  • Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, salt, oregano, and thyme. Add to yeast mixture; stir well. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes).
  • Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in size. (Press two fingers into the dough. If indentation remains, the dough has risen enough.) Punch dough down; cover and let rest 5 minutes. Divide in half. Roll each half into a 9-inch circle on a floured surface.
  • Heat a grill pan coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Place one dough portion on pan; cook 10 minutes. Turn dough over; sprinkle with 1/4 cup mozzarella and 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Cook 10 minutes; remove from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining dough and cheeses.
  • Combine 2 teaspoons oil, arugula, and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Spoon 2 cups salad onto each pizza crust using a slotted spoon. Cut each pizza into 4 wedges. Serve immediately.


The pizza that I had was more a Greek theme ... Spinach, tomatoes, cuks, feta all drizzled in a vinaigrette ... I think it'd be yummy to add olives and artichokes to that combo! 

Oh y'all the options are ENDLESS! And what a fun new idea for grilling! :) 

Happy Saturday Y'all! 

6 comments:

Whim Wham Life said...

Haha! I get so excited with food too:-) I mean, how can you not!? Greek pizza sounds amazing! xoxo

jessica // union shore said...

this looks amaze!! you always find the best recipes! :-)

hope you're having a great weekend! xo

Michelle said...

You have the best recipes! This looks amazinggg!! YUM!! XOXO

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

That sounds fabulous! I will def have to make this!! xoxo

Michelle @ Ten June said...

YUM!!! I am going to have to try this recipe! And I am in love with the fact that you say "legit." I use it alllll the time. Along with "Bible" b/c I'm a big Kardashian fan :)

KT @ KT's Refinishing School said...

Mmm that looks delicious! We make salad pizza all the time, usually with dough from Trader Joe's (at 99 cents a bag, you can't beat it!) I will definitely have to try grilled pizza this summer though :) Thanks for sharing!