home about link love contact
Photobucket

Saturday, April 9

dear pollen.

Dear Pollen, 

I do not like you. I am not your friend. And I don't see the need for you to stick around any longer. You are causing my eyes to itch and water, my nose to run, and my head to hurt. And I for one am OVER you. So if you don't mind ... kindly leave. 

P.S. - You are also causing me to feel badly for myself and indulge in these today. 
{stupid pollen}. 
  • 2/3 cup whole fresh or frozen strawberries, thawed
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
  • 1/4 cup whole milk, room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg, room temperature
  • 2 large egg whites, room temperature
  • Sprinkles' Strawberry Frosting

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners; set aside.

2. Place strawberries in a small food processor; process until pureed. You should have about 1/3 cup of puree, add a few more strawberries if necessary or save any extra puree for frosting; set aside.

3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a small bowl, mix together milk, vanilla, and strawberry puree; set aside.

4. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter on medium-high speed, until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar and continue to beat until well combined and fluffy. Reduce the mixer speed to medium and slowly add egg and egg whites until just blended.

5. With the mixer on low, slowly add half the flour mixture; mix until just blended. Add the milk mixture; mix until just blended. Slowly add remaining flour mixture, scraping down sides of the bowl with a spatula, as necessary, until just blended.

6. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Transfer muffin tin to oven and bake until tops are just dry to the touch, 22 to 25 minutes. Transfer muffin tin to a wire rack and let cupcakes cool completely in tin before icing.

Do y'all hate pollen as much as this girl? 
We can hate pollen and love strawberry cupcakes together! 
Happy Saturday Y'all! 

10 comments:

Megan said...

YUM!! I need those right now. : ) The pollen is awful here, too.

Bud and Leo said...

I love love love strawberry cupcakes! Yummmmmm.

Brittany H. said...

I'm seriously in the mood for some cake! Thanks goodness it's my sister in law's birthday and there's a cake in the fridge. These are for sure going on my cooking bucket list.

Have a great weekend!
xxxx
www.brittanyhavican.blogspot.com

christine donee said...

I am going to pretend there is pollen here simply so I can indulge in these.. mmm.

Michelle said...

Yum! Those cupcakes look delish!! Thanks for sharing the recipe! I love to bake!! I'm not a fan of the pollen here either! Hope you're having a great weekend! xoxo

jessica // union shore said...

these cupcakes are calling my name!! they look so darn delicious!! :-)

feel better friend! allergies are no fun!

Michaela said...

Sprinkles are the best type of cupcakes! They started in California (: YUM! And pollen....yep...go away!

Katie said...

YUMMY!!! I have really bad allergies..I used to have to get a weekly shot for them but now I built up my tolerance (I guess?) and now they don't bother me as much!!

Jenni Austria Germany said...

omgosh those are my fav of the sprinkles flavors. now im dying of hunger. thank you. :)

Grayson said...

So I'm a little behind this week. BUT I have great news! Sprinkles just opened on M Street--do you know what that means? Taste test between Georgetown Cupcake and Sprinkles the next time we are both in DC :)