home about link love contact
Photobucket

Monday, May 16

faux s'ghetti & meatballs.

I have a confession: I LOVE pasta. 
As in it's an obsession of mine. 
I could eat it every day. 

But alas, the hubs is STILL making us 'diet' ... No carbs after lunch. STILL
{though I have made him cheat several times}

Last week I was CRAVING pasta ... So I made the next best thing ... Spaghetti squash and meatballs 

I totally made up the recipe but here she is ... 

~ 1 spaghetti squash
~ 1 lb. ground beef {or turkey}
~ 1/2 C. breadcrumbs
~ 1 clove minced garlic
~ 1 egg
~ 1 Tbs. dried parsley

~ Cut squash in half lengthwise and scrape out seeds. Place in a microwave safe dish; add some water to the bottom. Microwave for 15-25 minutes or until tender. Let cool slightly then scrape with a fork ... This makes the s'ghetti! Drizzle with olive oil. 
~ While squash is cooking, mix beef, breadcrumbs, garlic, egg and parsley together. Form into 1 inch balls. Heat 2 Tbs. olive oil in large pan. Add meatballs and sauté for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through. 
~ I put about 1/2 C. spinach in the bottom of both of our bowls then added spaghetti squash, topped with more spinach and meatballs. Then for a little extra kick I drizzled the bowls with a balsamic glaze! 
This was SO SO good y'all! A must try! 

Happy Monday! 

**linking up with**

8 comments:

Bud and Leo said...

I'm like you- could literally eat pasta everyday for every meal! LOVE IT! So this recipe is not helping me stay aware from it- looks so delish!

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

a great subsitution! <3 yum!

natasha {schue love} said...

Ohhh I love squash spaghetti! I made it for hubs once and he didn't even realize until he took a bite and even then he really liked it! Yours looks fabulous!! I think it must be time for dinner now!!

Kira said...

Spaghetti squash is so fun! For some reason I never considered putting meatballs with it. It sounds really good! Cute blog :)

Kristin said...

i made something similar last week; i'm in love with spaghetti squash as a substitute because like you, i could eat pasta EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

Michelle said...

That looks so gooodddd! I love spaghetti squash! So good! I'm surprised I like it! :)

Happy Tuesday! xoxo

A Little Bit of This & That

KT @ KT's Refinishing School said...

The first time I made spaghetti squash J was very skeptical. Coming from Nebraska, he is very much a meat and potatoes type guy. However, he quickly changed his tune when he tasted how yummy it can be--we will be trying this recipe soon :)

Kristin said...

YUM! I am trying this!!!!!!!