home about link love contact
Photobucket

Tuesday, March 8

he asked. she said YES!

As promised, there's another addition of "our story" ... 

And I must say these posts have been some of the most fun to post! I love reliving every moment! And feel the same amount of joy, love and thankfulness as I did in the beginning! 

{If you haven't read how Bryan and I met, go here.} 

Yesterday was officially the two year anniversary of our engagement! 
Though I still remember the day as if it actually was YESTERDAY

Our first couple of years in Charleston were spent doing A LOT of exploring ... We walked around downtown, went the the aquarium, tried SO MANY wonderful restaurants, visited the beach ... 
However, by far one of our favorite things to do was walk around the Battery. 

For those of you who have not been to Charleston, SC and walked around the Battery ... You are truly missing out on some beautiful scenery. The water, the houses, watching dolphins jump, seeing horse drawn carriage tours ... It is truly amazing. 

{via}

The first time that Bryan and I ever took a stroll through Battery Park, he KNEW that this is where he would propose to me ... 

So let me give you some 'background info' ... I had ALWAYS told EVERYONE that I would know when Bryan was going to propose to me ... My family is REALLY bad at keeping secrets and I just knew that someone would accidentally let it slip. 

And I knew that Bryan was such a traditional guy that there was no way he wasn't going to ask my parents for their permission. So obviously they would know it was coming and give it away! :) 
{should I also add that I'm not big on surprises?!}

I also knew that Bryan would absolutely buy my ring from the same small town jewelry store that his grandfather, father and brother had all purchased engagement rings for his grandmother, mother and SIL. This store happens to be 5.5 hours away from Charleston ... how could I NOT know that he was traveling there! 

Well y'all ... I DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING

Bryan spent over 3 months driving to Washington, NC for the day and back trying to get the absolute perfect ring! {sweetie!}

The weekend before we were engaged, I went on a girls trip and Bryan spent the weekend driving to both of my parents houses {in different cities!} asking for my hand in marriage! 
{so old school romantic, huh?!}

Here comes the tricky part ... I got the FLU the week he planned to propose! Bryan KNEW that he couldn't delay it any longer because he knew that the surprise would be spoiled if he did! 

Thankfully, I was feeling some better by Saturday. So Bryan enlisted the help of some freinds in Charleston; Shannon tried to convince me that B & I should meet she and Justin at the park before dinner. After mych questioning as to why they 'needed' to go to the park {and a lot of achy body complaints}, I finally agreed. As we were walking through the park, I was so busy searching for Shannon & Justin that I didn't realize Bryan was searching for something else - the PERFECT proposal spot. {The gazebo he'd originally planned to use was being occupied by a bride having her portraits done!} But Bryan did find the perfect spot ... on a park bench underneath a Live Oak tree! 

He got down on one knee and gave me the sweetest speech I've in my lifetime heard {you understand if I keep that to myself?}

I couldn't believe it! I was shocked! How could I not have had a clue?! haha! :) 

Through joyful tears I said YES! {on repeat}

{teary-eyed still!}

We made a million phone calls letting our family know the news and headed out for a celebratory dinner with Shannon & Justin who were actually in the park! :) 

{most pretty ring in the world, though I may be biased}

So next up y'all ... Wedding planning & showers! :) 

Happy Tuesday! xo!


15 comments:

Megan said...

aw so so so sweet! I was sick also the weekend of our engagement. day of, on our one year dating anniversary, i was chugging cough syrup like water. still was the best day ever though :)

Christina said...

aww so sweet! :)

Anya Rudn said...

So sweet!!!! Congrats you two!!

http://luckysparkle.blogspot.com

♡Anya

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

So sweet. Congrats.

Anonymous said...

so sweet! love your blog!!
and your side bar about being born southern.so right!
xoxo emm

KT @ KT's Refinishing School said...

What a sweet story and what a gorgeous ring!

He did good :)

Can't wait to hear the rest!

Whim Wham Life said...

Guys are good little tricksters:-) I thought I would know down to the minute when my hubby was going to propose, and he completely surprised me too!
P.S. Your ring is stunning! xoxo

Rhiannon Bosse said...

so so sweet! and your ring is GORG!! love round diamonds :)

natasha {schue love} said...

Oh that is such a sweet story and I just love your ring!! So beyond pretty! xo

Megan said...

Such a sweet story!! So adorable that he is old school romantic...I love guys like that!!

Love your ring!

Michaela said...

So sweet!!! Your ring is stunning!!!

Julie {love, julie} said...

This is toooo cute. I can't wait to hear the rest :)

Lindsay // Vineyard Loveknots said...

So sweet!! And I <3 your bling :)
~Linds

Kylee. said...

that is such a sweet story :)

whenever i retell our engagement story I always keep the "speech" to myself because if you share it- other people just wouldn't understand how meaningful it is :)

elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

What a cute story. I love Charleston too. My husband was stationed there in the Airforce and I was living in Myrtle Beach, SC when we met. He proposed walking along the beach in Mt. Pleasant at sunset. Charleston is such a romantic story. I love yours.