home about link love contact
Photobucket

Wednesday, February 17

Delicious Chicken

Ok y'all... So if you read my post 'For my Valentine' you know that I was attempting to make a roasted chicken from Cooking Light. Well, even though I was incredibly distracted by the snow, I made the chicken and it was DELICIOUS! I was so proud and Bryan was extremely impressed! What a way to kick off our Valentine's 'staycation'!

So I decided that I should share the recipe with all of you!

Garlic-Rosemary Roasted Chicken

1 (5-6 pound) roasting chicken
1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
8 garlic cloves, crushed
8 medium red onions
2 teaspoons olive oil

1. Preheat oven to 450
2. Remove giblets from chicken; rinse under cold water and pat dry. Starting at the neck cavity, loosen the skin from the chicken breast and drumsticks. Place the chopped rosemary and crushed garlic beneath the skin on the breasts and drumsticks.
3. Place the chicken, breast side up, on a broiler pan. Cut a thin slice fromthe end of each onion. Remove the papery skins from the garlic heads(don't peel or separate cloves). Cut the tops off of the garlic cloves, leaving the root ends intact.
4. Brush the red onions and garlic cloves withthe olive oil. Arrange the onions and garlic cloves around the chicken. Bake the chicken at 450 for 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 and bake for an additional 1 hour and 15 minutes or until meat temperature is 180. Remove skin and discard.
(from The Best of Cooking Light)

Ok so I LOVE garlic and can never have enough... Bryan is not as obsessed as I am, however. The chicken (in my opinion) didn't turn out extremely garlic-ky, but you could definitely taste the garlic! So I think you could probably reduce the crushed cloves if you wanted! As for the garlic that we roasted along with the chicken... I just couldn't let that go to waste! So we used that the next day as an appetizer on crusty french bread! YUMMMMMM!

Hope that enjoy this chicken as much as we did! Oh and FYI, the leftovers make for a DELISH chicken salad!

No comments: